Welcome to Mississippi Region II Science and Engineering Website. I am excited and very eagered about the upcoming year. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via email or phone. This is a new website and I am sure there will be a lot of questions. Please feel free to contact me if you need help.
Kristy Love- Kendrick
Student's Main Page
What will the judge ask me?
When the judge comes to your project:
—-stand up, stick out your hand and say:
—-“Hi, my name is _____ and my project is ______ (state your title)”.
—-Then, BRIEFLY summarize the project in 1 minute (maybe 2).
—-Then, say: “Do you have any questions?”
PRACTICE this with friends and family – it will help with the nervousness.
Some judges will be judging their first science fair, while others will have judged several fairs at varying levels. Nevertheless there are many common questions and, the more you have thought about them, the better your interview experience will be.
20 Questions you should expect:
- Where did you get this idea?
- How did you come up with this title?
- What research did you do?
- What was your hypothesis?
- Why did you think that would happen?
- What were your independent and dependent variables?
- What was your control?
- What did you measure and how?
- How did you calculate that result?
- Why did you choose that amount, (or measurement, or piece of equipment, etc.)?
- How did you replicate the experiment?
- What does that graph tell you?
- How variable were your results and what might explain the variability?
- What did you base that conclusion on?
- Why/How are your findings important?
- Who might want to know this information?
- What would be the next experiment you would do?
- What was the hardest part (or most fun, or most exciting, or most surprising, etc.)?
- Who helped you?
- If you had to do it all over again, is there anything you would do differently?
Teacher Main Page
Welcome to the 2018 Mississippi Region II Science and Engineering Fair. We are excited that you have joined us once again this year. I have uploaded a few files for your viewing and hopefully they are helpful to you. If you need me I am only a call and or email away. Lower fair students only need to upload their abstract. Upper fair please use the ISEF wizard and complete any forms you may need (mainly 9-12 graders that can go on to ISEF).
Look forward to see you!
Judge Main Page
Welcome to the 2018 Mississippi Science and Engineering Fair Region II!! We are super excited that you have agreed to judge this year Science Fair. The dates are: March 22, 2018 for the lower fair and March 23, 2018 for the Upper fair. Please take time to review the judges guidelines that was email to you.
We also need you help April 5, 2018 as Jackson State University will be hosting the State Science Fair this year as well.
Thank you again for taking the time to make a difference in a young scientist life.